How it works
For over 8 years, Far South Tutors has been empowering learners with enhanced language and computer skills. Our well-qualified and experienced tutors teach learners online via Skype or Botim. Alternatively, the tutor happily hosts lessons at their own home or goes to the learner’s home in Cape Town or surrounds.
1. The learner fills in the no- obligation form below.
2. We respond with a pricing package and the tutor’s contact details to arrange the 1st free, no-obligation meeting.
3. The learner contacts the tutor to arrange the 1st free no-obligation meeting.
4. The learner meets the tutor for a 20-min proficiency assessment and needs analysis online via Skype/Botim or at the tutor’s/learner’s home.
5. The learner pays for a bundle of (at least 5) lessons in advance if they have decided to continue.
6. The learner arranges lesson days/times with their tutor.
7. Lessons commence.
All our courses are designed around each learner’s needs.
1. English – all levels, from basic literacy to Academic English or exam preparation
2. Afrikaans – all levels, from beginner to advanced
3. MS Office computer skills – all levels, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook
• Skype/Botim lessons:
One-on-one lessons range from R180-R280 per hour/R90-R140 per 30 minutes.
• Lessons at the learner’s/tutor’s home:
One-on-one lessons range from R200-R300 per hour/R100-R150 per 30 minutes.
Travel costs apply if the tutor travels to the learner’s home.
• Group lessons: Contact us for more information.
Open the door to the world of tomorrow by accelerating your language and computer skills today.
View some of our photos here.
What our students say
Results just in – 89% for my Afrikaans and A-star for my oral!IGCSE (Cambridge) learner
“Michael is an excellent tutor and very skilled in what he does in class, and he takes time to ensure his students fully understand the work.”Siphosethu
“Michael is a great and patient tutor – I enjoyed learning from him, it was great.”Monica
“He helped refine my MS Excel and Word skills. He was patient and explained thoroughly.”Robyn
“Thank you so much for all your help with Afrikaans. My mark improved by 18% from last term! BAIE DANKIE MEVROU.”Bergvliet learner
“Reilly did very well in Afrikaans! You are a magician – thank you for all your support. She could not have done it without you.”Reilly’s Mom
“My tutor is funny, helpful and keen to get the best out of you.”Jayson
“Michael is an epic tutor – I’ve learnt so much from him.”Ian
“What an awesome experience. I feel like I learnt computers in a day. I’m impressed with the tutor.”Jane